Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update*

Sorry for my lengthy absence. I got a job! I now work at the famous Zingerman's! It is such an amazing place to work and I am just going crazy about it...they pay you to learn all about the business and even for personal learning, they created this wonderful community of incredibly kind, supportive people and make you want to go into work and work hard!

OK, enough gushing about my new, amazing job....back to wedding planning.

Wedding planning has been on the back burner lately, obviously because of my job, but also because I am just so far ahead of schedule. I don't know what to do! Anyone hit a bump like this? I don't want to pick my BMs yet because I want to pick people who I'm sure I will be friends with in over a year. The engagement party is in october. My photographer friend is out of town right now and we are planning for a fall e-pic shoot. I've made a couple of DIY projects but even though I've enjoyed making them and I think they look good, I don't have proper storage to keep them looking good for over a year.

I guess there is one thing that I haven't mentioned about my planning that will take a while and I can probably start. While I was originally planing on buying a bunch of yard sale plates and putting them at the tables for a crafty, mismatched look, I found out my cousin who is having a wedding this August is doing the EXACT same thing. So my father thought of this kind of amazing idea: my mother is a potter and we should make all the plates and drinking cups. We could also customize them give them as favors. I'd have to have someone washing all the dishes before people take them home but it is a pretty cool idea! What do you think?

I'm a graphic designer, so I could get started designing things, especially now that I have my theme and colors. Probably should, but I'm not sure I won't change my mind and it isn't like it should take that long.

Ug. I just want to get married now.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congrats on the cool job! How do I sign up?
    I love the idea of all the pottery plates - that sounds amazing. How many are you expecting again?
    I can't wait to see some of the designs!

    ReplyDelete