Monday, July 12, 2010

ok...so I may have been a little dramatic with that last post...

So I've given it some time and talked it all over with R and my mom and I basically explained why I liked black, white and red. I think it all works out, R likes the colors and my mom said she will like my wedding whether or not I use red in it.

Also my cousin is getting married in August of this year and her colors are purple and yellow... lol that pretty much puts that to rest.

I also showed my mom what I was thinking with many inspiration boards and I think she understands that red can be really classy if done right. Here are some of the inspiration boards I am looking at.



R likes the polkas on some stuff but not others. He LOVEs the feather boutonniere (and so do I!)


I really like the idea of the damask print and R is big on flor de lis, so I was thinking of incorporating some of that. (I'm in love with this first cake)





All images found on google


Damask??? I like the print and historical significance. Also very elegant.
What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that you got it resolved to your liking. How could your mom not like the colors - those inspiration boards are HOT! I can't wait to see more along the way!
    Congrats on overcoming a wedding road block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    The first of many road blocks, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete