Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Foodie Thoughts...

ZOMG CAKES!
I'll give you a little background. Recently Russell got a job at a little food place in our town called Zingerman's. Now Zingerman's is a fancy food place. Little did he know that his new job would come in VERY handy in this wedding planning business as they make the most beautiful and creative cakes and also do catering...bonus!

So I went one day to visit him for lunch, and I snuck over to the bakehouse and perused their beautiful cake collection. omg...gorgeous. Take a look at some of these CAKES!

This is pretty much my dream cake. Red, white and black are our colors, and I want red roses in the bouquets and decorations. Pretty much perfect.

This one is a little out there, kind of too much for me but I do like the roses, again.

This one is simply elegant and I love it. Not entirely with our color scheme but it is white with white roses...I wouldn't complain.

Calla lillies aren't my flowers, but these cakes are too cute! Had to show them off.


Hopefully someone will order one of these cakes and it will be sent back and I can put it in the freezer for a year and a half (I would do it!) until my wedding. I told R to keep an eye out for me ;) Apparently they also send you home with free cake samples...will be going in there for sure.

The original plan was for my mother and my friend to collaborate on the cake (my mom has been taking cake decorating classes for years and my friend has been a baker for about 6 years, I think they could make something that would work) Also, my mom is a chocolate maker and imports her own cocoa nibs from Ecuador which she makes into the most delicious chocolate you've ever tasted! (for more info on my mom's chocolate, see http://www.elquetzaldemindo.com/chocolate/)

I was hoping the cake could be made of chocolate (although I do have several people with severe chocolate allergies invited, we'll have to think of some alternatives for them)

I was also hoping my mom would help me make some specialty chocolates to give out as favors! I was thinking about getting a mold made and then make all the chocolates myself. Hopefully people will like them! I'm thinking something along these lines:

Something like these molds would be cute, but much more personalized. I want everyone to know that I made this for them by hand...

These brownie pops are adorable, I love the idea of the bride and groom on them. CUTE!

These chocolate covered strawberries are to die for and cute as can be! I didn't think I would be so attracted to the bride and groom look, but it is really catching my eye....adorable.

These are chocolates with the name and date on them. Kind of like that sort of personalization but much cooler. We'll have to see what I cook up!


whew! I was going to talk about reception food, but I am exhausted!
until next time...

11^3


3 comments:

  1. I love those chocolate covered strawberries! I saw those a while back and yearned for them. Maybe I will get some for the wedding night ;-) Other than that, I cannot afford them for all our guests. That first cake is GORGEOUS I love the short cake stacks. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, those chocolate strawberries look very difficult to make. My mom said we could try to work something out and do some trial runs. She thinks it would take 2 people the whole day before to make everyone favors like that!

    Thanks! I love that cake SOOO much! Hopefully some miracle happens and we can get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    We are the most resourceful interior design firm in Northeast Florida, with affiliate DOTI locations across America.Our goal is to create extraordinary home interiors that combine your personal vision and budget with functional choices that will bring you a home that you love for years to come! For mor info......http://www.doti.com

    ReplyDelete