Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
B) To accept the OMB Award, choose ONE of the following options:
1.Get very drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight. (or for as long as you can focus)
3.Make your next blog post a video blog. (talk to the camera about anything)
4.Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
I’ve been motherly my whole life. I always knew I wanted to be a mother; I just didn’t actually ever want a baby until I met my FI. Seriously. Like 6 months into the relationship we were talking about it. I’ve been in other relationships where I was scared to death that I would get pregnant. Now I’m to the point where I hope for it every time! Before we got engaged, I was obsessed with a baby. However, now that we are engaged, I still want one, but have another outlet for my obsession: the wedding. I spend all day thinking about it and planning it; for the first couple of weeks, I couldn’t sleep because I was brainstorming. FI is now ready for a baby, which means a lot to me. He suggested we go for it next cycle. Here is my list of pros and cons to help me with this decision.
Pros of having a baby now:
- I get to have a baby, now!
- FI has a really great job and is making good money with amazing benefits
- I’ve been very healthy and am very happy and not stressed
- Been taking prenatal vitamins for 2 months
- I want to have lots of kids and it would be nice start early
- I’m currently working in an environment where pregnancy and children are seen as a gift, not a burden.
- Would be an excuse to skip this semester of college
- FI is ready
- Have space in our home for a baby
Cons of having a baby now:
- Don’t want to have to lose the weight again before wedding
- Social pressures to wait until after marriage
- Want to be able to enjoy myself at my wedding without worrying about the baby
- I don’t want to be too busy with baby to get everything for the wedding done
- Don’t want to do all my exciting things at once (I want to revel in the marriage thing, and as soon as that happens, start again with the pregnancy, I want to stretch the really exciting things in my life out)
- I just got offered a new job (nothing serious, just at a coffee shop)
Whenever FI and I talk about it, his excitement about starting a family with me is so endearing. He wasn’t always this way. I finally was able to talk him into it. I’ve been the one hounding him and always mentioning it. I would get upset when he would say, “not yet, I’m not ready” so I feel it is only fair to him that now he is finally ready, I should be too.
I come from a very liberal family; it is fairly common to have children out of wedlock, so I wouldn’t be ostracized. Babies are always welcome with open arms.
Do any of you have children/planning to have children? How important is it for you to wait until you are married?
I'll leave you with this adorable picture: men and babies...no cuter combo.
FI with my cousin's FOURTH baby! Isn't he CUTE! oh, and the baby is ok too...
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
This is the museum. I've never been in, but likely will go before the wedding. We aren't allowed to go inside but we are able to walk around it (but not on the porch...)