Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Venue, Check! ***Picture Heavy***

Hey all! So I have some exciting news!!!
I put the money down for the venue yesterday!!! I went to Cobblestone Farms (it is so close to my house, I rode my bike!) to pay for the space. They require you to pay the whole thing up front so I had to ask for an extension, which they gladly gave to me since I was booking so far in advance. But I scrounged up the money earlier than expected and headed over there (rather than worrying whether it would get there in the mail). I went in and the lady at the counter was so very helpful and kind. She was also patient as I took WAY too many pictures :) Also, since the last time I came in for a tour, the lady at the counter was busy dealing with a broken refrigerator and I didn't get a very good tour, the lady today gave me an extra hour for my troubles! Now I have 11 hours to set up, have the best day of my life, and take down! It is hard to imagine that what took 1.5 years to plan will be over in 11 hours...lol

Anyway, on to the pictures!

This is what you see when you come up to the barn from the parking lot (the first things my guests will see!)

This is the entrance to my ceremony/reception area!

This is the little hallway you see when you open the door from the outside. The lady that works there (Janet) said they have a table that fits in the space perfectly and people usually put their guest books there. I was thinking it would be a good place for a card box too, but there might need to be someone there to watch it (lots of money in cards, I hear!)

Stairs up to the ceremony location! (I know, I took too many pictures...)

After you come up the stairs, this is what you see! The lighting is getting replaced this September, so I have to remember to go back in and see what they did to it (kind of looks and sounds like a gym right now...lol)

Isn't it beautiful?

This is the loft. Pretty cool way to make some extra space!

View from the loft. I'm thinking of having the ceremony in front of those green doors.

Here is a peek from the space into the kitchen. Actually has quite a few amenities!

Kitchen: fridge, 3 part sink and a couple of nice counter spaces.

Kitchen: oven, microwave, coffee maker and an ice machine!

This is the Bridal Room, where the bride and her maids get ready and hang out before the wedding! I asked if there was a room for the men and she said they could use the chicken coop (lol) Isn't it beautiful? There is a little fridge and LOTS of tissue boxes!

Here is the doorway leading to the bathrooms. We can decorate in those flower boxes. We can also decorate the bathrooms.

Now to go outside again...this is the garden next to the entrance to the building. This is where R proposed to me!

This is the bench he had me sit on when he did it!

Me and my beautiful ring, sitting right where it happened! I love that it is so close, I can go visit it anytime.

This is what the barn looks like from the front. Behind these doors is where I'm thinking of having the ceremony. Usually wedding parties will walk up this ramp or maybe even have their guests come in this way, but since I will not be having an outdoor portion to the wedding, I will just keep these babies closed.



This is the side of the barn, there is a cute stairway!

This is the museum. I've never been in, but likely will go before the wedding. We aren't allowed to go inside but we are able to walk around it (but not on the porch...)

Cobblestone Farms is also a petting farm, which is super cute. This is the chicken coop.

Here is a horse and a goat!

Piggies!

All sorts of little buildings on this piece of land. Here is a cute tool shed. Could be a nice backdrop for some photographs!

Softball diamonds directly next door. Maybe we could have an impromptu midnight november illegal softball game? Probs not.

whew. It's like you've been there now!
Anyway, if you can't tell, I am super excited about my space!

until next time,

11^3





7 comments:

  1. We wanted to have ours in a barn! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It is pretty much the place to have weddings in Ann Arbor. Did you pick your venue yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did but we went with a country club - it was less expensive. My FI would kill for your venue though hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I found your blog via Weddingbee. I’m so excited to start reading it and getting to know you!
    Congratulations on your venue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Teacher: luckily this venue is super inexpensive in November, and on a Friday, and because I live in the same county (I pay for it to stay alive with my taxes!)

    Amy: Thanks! Hopefully it is entertaining and informational! Your blog looks nice, Followed!

    ReplyDelete