Saturday, June 26, 2010

Our Story

OK, so I guess I should share our story with you guys...

How we met:
Russell and I met when I worked at the People's Food Co-op and Russell worked at the Ann Arbor News. One day, I plucked up the courage to talk to him and we hit it off, however no phone numbers were exchanged. The next week, I was at a party and Russell walked in the door. It was fate. We have been inseparable ever since!

Proposal:
Russell and I had been discussing the possibility of marriage for some time and we both expressed interest in the idea, so I knew it was coming...I just didn't know when or how! So it was going to be my birthday in a couple of hours and we were at my parents' house watching a movie and he decided he was tired so we started to drive home. I missed the turn I usually take to get to our house, so he said "oh well, just go up to the next street." And then when I got to the street we live on, he told me to keep driving. At that point I knew something was up and kept asking him where we were going... He told me to pull into Cobblestone Farms, which is a common wedding location with a beautiful garden. We walked around the grounds for a bit and he kept looking at his watch. He commented that this place would be beautiful for a wedding. Then, at midnight, he set me down at a bench in the gorgeous garden, got on one knee, and asked me to marry him!


Us after we got engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment