Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Decisions

So we have made some serious decisions in the last few days. FI is finally realizing that we need to start thinking about everything, even though we are over 17 months out. (499 days to be exact) :) **Note: these are just random ideas and would just like to get them down, they are in no logical order and I apologize ahead of time for rambling.

I thought I wanted to do a fallish color theme since the wedding is in November, but I realized that I can do whatever I want. FI is a big Red Wings fan, so I thought red, white and black would be a beautiful color scheme and would make him feel like I am including his feelings into the planning. The color red will be bright, crimson red like a rose. I want the bridesmaid dresses to be this color (I am going to let them pick out their own dress but I want it to be exactly the right color and preferably the same length, don't care about how the dress looks up top.) Here are some of the things I like for Bridesmaid dresses:

***All dress pictures from knot.com***

I am going to wear a white(ish) dress, with a crimson sash around my waist, possibly with a organza rose that I plan to make like this one: (except less violet and more crimson)

Ok, next thought. Our song. FI told me today that he bought a Stevie Wonder song off of iTunes that will be our first dance song. If he comes to me with that kind of excitement, I don't care if it is the worst thing I have ever heard, I will dance with him and love it. Also, Stevie Wonder is a music genius, so I know it can't be too bad ;) He told me he wanted to listen to it with me for the first time (meaning he wouldn't send it to me or tell me the title to look it up) which I think is very sweet. So we have that covered. I think the bride+father dance and the groom+mother dance are going to be at the same time, and to Brown Eyed Girl (I know, super cliche, but it is our songs, apparently) A friend of mine is being the DJ and I know he will do an amazing job. He is so talented and willing to do it for free!

Overall feel of the place: crafty, homemade, casual in a really trendy but sophisticated way, homey, put together with care, adorable, FUN! Ideas: all the plates are borrowed and different, different silverware, napkins all made of different fabric, lots of crochet. I'm actually in the process of making the cake topper (post to follow as I finish) but that is based off this design:
I'm going to personalize them with a little hockey stick for the groom and a red sash and flowers for me! Kind of silly, but UBER cute, and I can make it myself!

So my brother agreed to be the officiant. He is such an amazing person and I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I was so pleased when he agreed to be the officiant. He is funny and charismatic. Also I have 2 brothers and FI has 2 brothers and I didn't necessarily want to fill up his party with all those people, so one is now taken care of. Have my MOH picked (my very close cousin) and know I will ask my lil sister (she is 11 but will be 13 when the wedding comes around) Other than that, I have a couple of other ladies in mind (not sure if they will accept!) I have a super exciting way of asking them though. I'm thinking of sending them a small box in the mail and when they open it up there will be a ring made with one of those crochet roses I blogged about the other day, and it will read "will you be my bridesmaid?" and then there will be instructions on what to do if yes or no (yes, the can use the ring to match the color and pick out their dress), and no, they can send it back :)

humm...what else? I am so tired but can't sleep because I have too much on my mind. It is 3:12 and I have to take my brother to the airport tomorrow (or today, really) at 7:00 (we have to leave home by 6:30). sigh.

Oh, I'll leave you on this note. MY DRESS! So, haven't gotten anywhere near the dolla bills to think about purchasing a dress, but I have a good idea what I want. I don't want big, don't want over the top fancy sequins jazzy stuff. I want simple and elegant. I found this on the knot in the bridesmaid section:

However, I want the red flower sash in place of the green bow (initially envisioned getting exact same design with crimson bow, but I like the organza flower sash a bit better, and I also like the fact that I get to MAKE it!)

So I will leave you all with that. Wish me luck on the sleeping front!

11^3

1 comment:

  1. What's up fellow 11.11.11 bride! Those are super cute BM dresses!

    ReplyDelete